ECSF Call for Applications
United Way Centraide North East Ontario - Wednesday, 30 September 2020
UWCNEO will begin accepting applications for the second round of the Emergency Community Support Fund to help charities and non-profit organizations serve and support vulnerable Canadians during the COVID-19 pandemic. This funding is part of the $350M investment made available by the Government of Canada and administered by United Way Centraide Canada, Community Foundations of Canada and the Canadian Red Cross in communities from coast to coast to coast. UWCNEO is proud to support this important investment by the Federal Government.
From October 5 to October 30, 2020, UWCNEO will be accepting funding applications.
Who can Apply?
UWCNEO will fund organizations that provide direct services to vulnerable populations who are impacted by COVID-19.
Your organization is eligible to receive funding if your organization has a charitable number, or is otherwise a qualified donee, and is providing supports and services to meet immediate community needs related to the COVID-19.
This funding is intended to support frontline community service organizations providing services to support vulnerable Canadians, including low-income seniors, women, children and youth, persons with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community, refugees, Indigenous peoples, members of racialized communities, and more.
Funds may be used for immediate needs and priorities related to the impact of COVID-19. This includes, but is not limited to, services such as:
- Preparing and delivering meals and/or food hampers
- Supporting individuals in accessing income supports and financial coaching
- Providing home care or personal support for seniors, elders, and persons with disabilities
- Mental health & wellness supports, including crisis counselling and peer support
- Personal safety supports, including for those living in or escaping situations of violence
- Access to safe transport for essential appointment and errands, and
Types of activities that could be funded include:
- Community outreach and engagement
- Developing and/or delivering new programs, services or delivery models as a result of COVID-19
- Sharing information and knowledge
- Engaging and recruiting volunteers
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted starting October 5, 2020. We anticipate a high volume of requests and are working to ensure that all requests are reviewed as quickly as possible.
CLICK HERE to access the application form.
For questions not addressed in these resources, please contact your United Way staff partner:
City of Greater Sudbury and the District of Sudbury Manitoulin
Linda Dupuis, Governance and Partnership Manager
email@example.com T: (705) 560-3330 ext. 222
Timmins, and the Districts of Cochrane, Parry Sound, Nipissing and Timiskaming
Jennifer Gorman, Regional Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org T: (705) 531-7233 ext. 305
The Emergency Community Support Fund is funded by the Government of Canada through Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).