Applications for the Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF) Are Now Being Accepted
United Way Centraide North East Ontario - Tuesday, 19 May 2020
United Way Centraide North East Ontario/Nord-est de l’Ontario (UWCNEO) is now accepting applications for the Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF) to help charities serve and support vulnerable people during the COVID-19 pandemic. This funding, made available by the Government of Canada, with funding streams being administered by United Way Centraide Canada, Community Foundations of Canada and the Canadian Red Cross in communities from coast to coast to coast. UWCNEO is proud to support this important investment by the Federal Government.
Starting May 19th, 2020, UWCNEO will be accepting applications for funding.
Who can Apply?
UWCNEO will review applications from registered charities or qualified donees that provide direct services to vulnerable populations impacted by COVID-19.
Your organization is eligible to receive funding if you have a charitable number or a qualified donee, and is providing supports and services to meet immediate community needs related to the COVID-19.
This funding is intended to support frontline community service organizations providing services to support vulnerable Canadians, including low-income seniors, women, children and youth, persons with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community, refugees, Indigenous peoples, members of racialized communities, and more.
Funds may be used for immediate needs and priorities related to the impact of COVID-19. This includes, but is not limited to, services such as:
- Preparing and delivering meals and/or food hampers
- Supporting individuals in accessing income supports and financial coaching
- Providing home care or personal support for seniors, elders, and persons with disabilities
- Mental health & wellness supports, including crisis counselling and peer support
- Personal safety supports, including for those living in or escaping situations of violence
- Access to safe transport for essential appointment and errands, and
What types of activities could be funded?
- Community outreach and engagement
- Developing and/or delivering new programs, services or delivery models as a result of COVID-19
- Sharing information and knowledge
- Engaging and recruiting volunteers
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted from May 19, 2020 until July 13, 2020. We anticipate a high volume of requests and are working to ensure that all applications be reviewed as quickly as possible.
Please refer to the ECSF FAQ’s_EN and ECSF Application Guide_EN.
For questions not addressed in these resources, please contact UWCNEO for assistance.
City of Greater Sudbury and the District of Sudbury Manitoulin:
Linda Dupuis, Governance and Partnership Manager
email@example.com T: (705) 560-3330 ext. 222
Timmins, and the Districts of Cochrane, Parry Sound, Nipissing and Timiskaming:
Jennifer Gorman, Regional Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org T: (705) 531-7233 ext. 305
Funded by the Government of Canada