Heat Your Heart Heat Your Home Aims to Help Families in Need
United Way Centraide North East Ontario - Thursday, 5 November 2020
THE HEAT YOUR HEART HEAT YOUR HOME FURNACE CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED.
Reliance Home Comfort and We the Bury, in partnership with United Way Centraide North East Ontario (UWCNEO), are joining forces to help families in need through the newly launched ‘Heat Your Heart Heat Your Home’ toy drive and furnace contest.
“We recognize the challenges that many families in our community are experiencing,” says Riley Herbert, operations manager with Reliance Home Comfort. “It’s important for Reliance to give back and to partner with other like-minded organizations committed to creating a positive change. We are excited to launch Heat Your Heart Heat Your Home, a two-part initiative that includes a giveaway of two high-efficiency furnaces, installation and five years parts and warranty to provide piece of mind to two families in our community.”
Curtis Loiselle, founder of We the Bury adds, “For people who are in a position to give back, the second part of the initiative focuses on a toy drive. Our team at We the Bury is asking you as individuals and businesses to donate new toys, blankets, gift cards, etc. to help ease the burden on struggling families this holiday season. All donations will benefit the TD Toy Drive. On December 5th & 6th, our team will be available to safely pick up your donations.”
Katherine Cockburn, development manager with UWCNEO adds, “From November 4th – November 25th, City of Greater Sudbury residents are invited to nominate themselves or a family in need of a new furnace. The winners will be announced on December 7, 2020
!!!THE HEAT YOUR HEART HEAT YOUR HOME FURNACE CONTEST CLOSED!!!
Tell us in 250 words or less why you or someone you know needs a new furnace. Full contest rules are listed below.
Looking to donate new toys, gift cards or books to the TD Toy Drive, connect with We the Bury by emailing email@example.com
For more information on the Heat Your Heart, Heat Your Home Contest, contact Katherine Cockburn or connect with us on Facebook @UWCNEO or @wethebury.
HEAT YOUR HEART HEAT YOUR HOME CONTEST RULES
- To qualify, individuals entering/being entered into the Heat Your Heart Heat You Home Contest must own their home (rental properties will not be considered).
- To qualify, individuals entering/being entered into the Heat Your Heart Heat You Home Contest must be a resident of the City of Greater Sudbury, Ontario, Canada, and the house must be located in the City of Greater Sudbury, Ontario, Canada.
- To qualify, individuals entering/being entered into the Heat Your Heart Heat You Home Contest must 18 years of age or older.
- Odds or winning will vary depending on the volume of eligible entries.
- Submissions will be accepted from November 4 – November 25, 2020.
- Submissions can be made online using the following link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/M6GQBVD, or mailed to 957 Cambrian Heights, Unit 201, Sudbury, ON P3C 5S5. All mailed submissions must be received by November 25th at 5:00 p.m. to be considered.
- All eligible submissions will be reviewed by a panel of five individuals including a minimum of three (3) United Way Centraide North East Ontario/Nord-est de l’Ontario employees and two (2) volunteers.
- Individuals entering/being entered into the Heat Your Heart Heat Your Home Contest must answer the following question: In 250 words or less why they, their family or even someone they know is in need of a new furnace.
- Five (5) finalists will be selected from eligible submissions.
- Each finalist must agree to have their home furnace inspected by a certified technician to ensure the installation of a high-efficiency furnace is possible.
- Two (2) Heat Your Heart Heat Your Home furnace prize packages are available for the giveaway. Each prize package includes a high efficiency gas furnace, installation, and a five-year parts and warranty protection plan valued at an estimated $4,700.
- The two winners (2) of the Heat Your Heart Heat Your Home Giveaway will be announced December 7, 2020.
- Individuals entering/being entered into the Heat Your Heart Heat You Home Contest will be asked to share their name, telephone number, home address and email address to be used in activities related to the Heat Your Heart Heat Your Home Contest. (example -
- Contacting an individual to let them know they are a finalist).
- The two (2) selected winners will be required to sign a release allowing UWCNEO to use their name, photo, and other relevant info in public announcements related to the promotions of the contest.
- UWCNEO is not responsible for any damages or injuries that may incur as a result of this contest. If you have any questions, please contact:
United Way Centraide North East Ontario/Nord-est de l’Ontario
957 Cambrian Heights Dr., Unit 201
Sudbury, ON P3C 5S5
Telephone: (705) 560-3330