We're Hiring a Volunteer Engagement Coordinator - Timmins
United Way Centraide North East Ontario - Monday, 17 August 2020
For almost four decades, United Way Centraide North East Ontario/Nord-est de l’Ontario has been a part of the social fabric that connects and mobilizes our community.
Our strength is bringing people together. Our efforts span the entire North East District as we address complex issues, invest in the most impactful programs, and advocate for our most vulnerable citizens.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Volunteer Engagement Coordinator will connect volunteers with local community organizations to help build their capacity to deliver services that support our community. This team member is responsible for developing, maintaining, and promoting a Timmins volunteer website and database to support community organizations in their volunteer recruitment, engagement, and coordination efforts. The Volunteer Engagement Coordinator will also work with community partners on neighoubourhood-building activities.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Social Services, Volunteer Management, Community Development or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Strong knowledge of local community resources and experience in outreach and promotion
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and self-motivated with excellent time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, social media, and video conference software
- Previous experience using database applications/platforms an asset
- Non-profit sector and/or volunteering experience an asset
- Bilingualism an asset
- Must have a valid G license and reliable transportation
- Develop and maintain a volunteer website showcasing volunteer opportunities in Timmins
- Liaise with non-profit organizations and charities to encourage organizational use of website
- Conduct community outreach to promote volunteer registration on website
- Assist interested volunteers in finding opportunities that match their interests and needs and connect them with community organizations
- Collect feedback from volunteers and organizations and respond as appropriate; analyze website data as part of continuous improvement
- Work with community partners to engage neighbourhoods in conversations on community-building
- Other duties as assigned
Remuneration and duration: $21.00/hour for 30 hours/week for 29 weeks (with possibility of extension)
Anticipated start date: Tuesday, September 8, 2020
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume by Friday, August 21, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. to Jennifer Gorman, Regional Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UWCNEO is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the UWCNEO environment are encouraged to apply.