Now Hiring! Nipissing Community Engagement Coordinator
United Way Centraide North East Ontario - Tuesday, 28 September 2021
Nipissing Community Engagement Coordinator
Part-time -24 hours per week
The opportunity: United Way Centraide North East Ontario/Nord-est de l’Ontario (UWCNEO) is currently seeking an experienced, positive individual with great community connections and project management skills to join our team of do-gooders.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Nipissing Community Engagement Coordinator will work within the North Bay community to develop, coordinate, and implement resource development activities. As part of our team, you will work closely with businesses and unions, ensure the success of special or third-party events, cultivate and steward individual and workplace donors, and support workplace campaigns in Nipissing. Additionally, you will lead the development of a North Bay Community Local Advisory Council to the Board of Directors.
Do you describe yourself as someone who loves working with people, is a self-starter, independent but still love being a part of a team, understands the needs of your community and want to make a difference, takes pride in your work ethic and quality of your work, has advanced computer and communications skills, and possesses great attention to detail? Are you professional and pleasant and have the ability and confidence to participate actively in meetings with individuals, corporate leaders, service providers and other stakeholders to our business? If you answered yes to these questions, then you are the ideal candidate for this position.
• Lead and support community fundraising and engagement activities
• Collaborate with local social service providers
• Work with Executive Director to establish annual fundraising goals for North Bay and follow annual revenue and expense budgets
• Identify and cultivate relationships with local community members to form a North Bay Local Advisory Council
• Understand local social needs of Nipissing and make funding recommendations to the Allocations Committee
• Work in partnership with RD team to identify, establish, and support new workplace campaigns in Nipissing, and support active workplace campaigns
• Develop and implement fundraising or recognition events in North Bay including an annual Tampon Tuesday event, Local Love Lunch, and others
• Promote the United Way on a year-round basis to ensure top-of-mind awareness for all activities
• Provide articles, testimonials, and photos to communications staff for the website, social media, e-newsletter, etc.
• Ensure up to date donor and prospect entry into database
• Participate in the collective work of the UWCNEO as required.
• Perform other duties as required.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job
• University or college degree or related work experience in fundraising, program management, communications, public relations, or social services
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Demonstrated, tact, diplomacy, interpersonal and written skills to liaise with senior management, staff, volunteers, and donors
• Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team environment – developing partnerships with teams in a multidisciplinary environment
• Strong organizational skills to determine work priorities and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
• Out-of-the-box thinker; creative and able to bring fresh strategies and ideas to fruition
• Ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences effectively and passionately
• Able to work a flexible work schedule with some evenings and weekends if required
• Fluent bilingualism (French/English) an asset
• CFRE an asset
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products
• Valid driver’s license, regular access to a reliable vehicle and ability to travel
• Experience working in a non-profit environment will be considered an asset.
This part-time position will be based in North Bay from your home office.
About us For almost four decades, United Way Centraide North East Ontario/Nord-est de l’Ontario has been a part of the social fabric that connects and mobilizes our community. Our strength is bringing people together and improving community conditions. Our efforts span the entire North East District as we address complex issues, invest in the most impactful programs, and advocate for our most vulnerable citizens.
Employee Benefits and others:
Benefit package following three months of continuous employment
Optional participation in CAAT pension plan
2 weeks paid vacation
24 hours per week, typically 6 hours per day for four days each week
Work from home office
Application deadline: Friday, October 15, 2021
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Although UWCNEO thanks each applicant for their interest, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.