Interested in making a difference in our community? The following is a list of available volunteer opportunities:
Grant Review Team
United Way Centraide North East Ontario/Nord-est de l’Ontario is seeking volunteers to be part of the Grant Review Teams for Area Grants in the areas of Parry Sound and Sudbury/Manitoulin (excluding City of Greater Sudbury) see map. Charities will be applying for small grants for capital/equipment, subsidies or projects and people who are knowledgeable about their community and its needs are invited to apply for this volunteer opportunity. Volunteers will be asked to read and score applications between May 16 and 29.
The deadline for applications is April 27, 2017
Community Youth Council
Are you between the ages of 15 and 24 and interested in becoming involved in your community? United Way is launching Community Youth Councils in Sudbury and in North Bay.
Improve the lives of youth and build community by engaging and developing youth and mobilizing collection action.
• Getting feedback from peers on issues affecting the youth
• Selecting a youth centered project that will help address key issues affecting the youth
• Help engage and develop youth leadership
• Help mobilize youth into collective action
• Putting the project into action
• Assessing the outcome of the project
Front Desk Administrative Support
To perform day to day office procedures and on occasion assist with special projects which take place.
• Responding to public inquires, both in person and by telephone
• Photocopying, printing, filing and faxing as directed
• Updating database information
• Monitoring charitable status of funded agencies biannually
• and more!
Leadership Development Program
ted Way Centraide North East Ontario/Nord-est de l’Ontario
Promote leadership and volunteerism among adults and youth by providing training in the areas of governance and management.
• Attend Train the Trainer and learning opportunities provided
• Prepare for workshops by learning modules, handout materials and background reading
• Return evaluation forms and provide summary statistics
• Assist in recruitment, orientation and development of new trainers
• and more!
Please contact the office if you have any questions 705-560-3330, Ext. 216.
To apply to any of the volunteer opportunities listed above, please click here for the application form.